Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fresh

When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."
-Matthew 36-38

I came upon this verse as i was trying to find something to sum up what God had spoken to me about this weekend. I immediately turned to the book of Matthew and eventually found the verse above. This verse... I read over and over. It perfectly explains the weekend's purpose, to be commissioned into the world and bless others as we have been blessed. Jesus to the Nations was a missions conference and the speaker, Nizar Shaheen, encouraged us to be prayerful for the missionaries all over the world. To be aware of the carnage, violence, poverty and famine that threatens the very survival of nations while we live in comfort, but to also recognize when God is commissioning us to be those workers in his harvest field.

To be effective laborers, it is important that we are in step with God and allowing Him to lead our every move. Its also important to take those hard steps to eliminate the sinful characteristics in our lives and give into God. By His grace, He will bless us and renew in us Godly characteristics to bless others. This is applicable to missions on a global and local level. I was reminded again this weekend that when we take care of our relationship with God, He'll take care of everything else.

Restore us to yourself, O Lord, that we may be restored; renew our days as of old.
- Lamentations 5:21

Sometimes things just don't work out. The key is just taking from it what you can, and learning from it as you lift your pain to God! I'm praying over the Easter break that God will work in me and refresh my spirit. But putting my problems aside, I pray that God is glorified in all I say and do this next week.

I thank God so much for the random people who have been encouraging me in the biggest ways. That to me, is God-sent!

Back to the madness... 9 days left!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?